Monday, November 21, 2011

Seeing Stars

 

Well, I think I’m going to do it. I’ve decided to make my own ornaments this year. This may prove to be quite daunting, and humiliating at the same time. I sat tonight and ran through a practice run. Here’s what came of it:

SANY1305

What do you think? It’s obviously a felt star, with a smaller…. let’s call it “abstract” star in the center. Okay, the smaller star needs some work. Overall not bad eh? I did hand sew with a whip stich… I may want to rethink that move. It took longer than I thought, and when the stuffing began, I saw some peeking through each stich. So, the stiches either need to be closer together, or done with a machine. We’ll see…..

Anyone have any ideas for me?? or, maybe a great website with free patterns and ideas?!

No comments:

Post a Comment