Saturday, November 12, 2011

Childhood Envy.





When I was younger, it was my sister’s job to make the cookies. Chocolate chip cookies to be exact. I was so jealous that she was the one who was always asked to perform this task. Was I not capable? Was I a lousy baker? Whatever, I was like 8. This drove me mad. I wanted so desperately to, just once, be asked to make the cookies. Yea, they weren’t anything special, just the standard from-the-back-of-the-bag cookies from Tollhouse. I guess it was just the point of it.
Well, guess what? Now, no one has to ask me to make the cookies! I can make them my damn self. And let me tell you, ever since I've found this fantabulous Nigella recipe, I’ve been making A LOT of cookies!


IMG_2651


The best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever found. (and I’ve been searching for a while! lol!)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Adapted from “Nigella Kitchen” by Nigella Lawson (LOVE HER!)

1 1/4 sticks (10 tablespoons) soft unsalted butter. (I use 1 1/2 sticks REAL salted butter)
2/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/2 cup superfine sugar (regular sugar works too!)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg, refrigerator-cold
1 egg yolk, refrigerator-cold
2 cups All-Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 x 11.5 ounce bag milk chocolate morsels or chips

* Preheat oven to 325 degrees

* Melt the butter and let it cool a bit.Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them, and beat together.

* Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg, and the cold egg yolk, until mixture is light and creamy.

* Slowly mix in the flour and baking soda until just blended. fold in the chocolate chips.

* Scoop the cookie dough into a quarter cup measure or a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop and drop onto coolie sheet. (this makes HUGE cookies….. when making these for home, I use a regular cookie scoop!) Keep cookies about 3 inches apart on coolie sheet. You will need to make these in 2-3 batches refrigerating the dough between batches.

*  Bake for 15-17 minutes (I bake them for about 20 minutes, Your oven may vary!) Let cool on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack.


IMG_2662   IMG_2661

IMG_2666

No comments:

Post a Comment