Monday, January 31, 2011

It's all about me.

 I've made a conscious decision to get my ass back in shape. I'm trying to make smarter food choices, and jumping head first into running. This is not the body I used to have, nor the body I should have.
 However, I'm struggling daily with the time it's taking away from my family. My husband to be more specific. I have been spending each night on the treadmill, from the time Ava goes to bed, until just about the time that we go to bed. This use to be our together time. (even if it did only consist of us, on two separate couches, watching television together.) I feel guilty for taking this time, and making it all mine, when I should be sharing it. I know that he doesn't mind. If anything, he's very supportive.
 Part of reclaiming your life, especially the your-body-part-of-life, is putting yourself first, and putting exercise first. It's a difficult thing to manage. You know, that "balance" and all.

What I love today: The sun is out!!!
On the radio: Madonna
In my belly: stuffed cabbage and mashed potatoes :)

1 comment:

  1. You got it girl! One hour just for you!! It is so important to make it a habit. In turn you will be a stronger mom and wife for helping yourself!

    ReplyDelete