Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm the REAL dog whisperer :)

 Upon my travels home last night from work, I stumbled upon two sweet, buggy-eyed shih tzu's running free in the road. As no one else was stopping, I did (it's how I roll) As I got out to check their collars (only to find they didn't have any) they both jumped into my car. So there I was, 6:00 at night, sun disappearing, with these two cute, but skanky dogs, in my car, getting my seats wet. I checked a few of the houses around, no one knew who they belonged to. I couldn't leave them there. They could get hit, or freeze. So, I told them that everything would be fine, and called the Humane Society of Ontario County (http://raims.com/animals/).
Two nice gentlemen met me in Seneca Castle, and took the dogs with them.
 I was sad to see them go. Of course, wondering if I did the right thing. I'm pretty sure that I did.
 This morning, I came to work still thinking about those sweet little ladies. I know of a member that breeds shih tzu's, who also lives in the area. I gave her a call, and told her my story. Long story short, they are hers! She was so relieved (naturally!). I feel good. My job here is done.

* A note to dog owners: please be responsible, and make sure your pets have collar's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment