Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Summary.

On Tuesday, we (well, I) was inseminated. Sounds so informal. As if I'm some cow that was forced into a pasture with a determined bull. Yet, it wasn't a bull,  just my dh. It was interesting as a routine IUI turned into a scavenger hunt for my cervix. Strange, I always thought that once they cranked you open with those lovely speculum's, there was the cervix, looking right back at you, but apparently, that's not the case. Or at least isn't the case when one's uterus is tipped. So, as my doctor left the room to find another doctor to "see if they can find it", I'm laying on the table with a vagina on fire. Yay me. The new doctor enters the room, and was able to locate the rare, reclusive cervix. Alright, things are on the up and up, right? Well, no, not really. There are, unfortunately, other factors that weren't as favorable this month as I would've like them to be. It's out of our control. Each doctor tries to be positive and encouraging by reminding us that" It only takes one!". Which is all well and good, however, when I have millions inserted straight into my uterus, to no avail..... it's hard to wrap your brain around it only requiring "one" (even though I know that it's true.) So, now we wait. And that's that.

In my belly: Ben and Jerry's Half Baked
On TV: Big Bang Theory
On my mind (If I have to pick one thing) Halloween
What I'm baking this weekend: Apple Pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment