Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Good day for Bakin’

 

IMG_2610

As I welcome Fall with open arms, I begin to get itch to do some baking! The cooler weather, and our over abundance of apples (we got a little carried away when we went apple picking!) was urging me to make yet another pie. You see, I’ve already made two. While I usually make my crust from scratch, these last two pies were done with a refrigerated pie crust. It’s amazing how much faster one can crank out a pie when one does not have to mess with making the crust. Although, my crust is easy….and tastes way better than the already made stuff….

2 cups flour

2/3 cup Crisco plus 2 tablespoons COLD Crisco

1 tsp salt

4-6 tablespoons  ICE COLD water.

Anyway, I started with the already made crust, and placed it in my new Pampered Chef deep dish stoneware pie plate!! (love it.)

Then dumped in the pie filling.

IMG_2603

8 cups apples (I used McIntosh and Macoun)

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon each, cinnamon and nutmeg

2 tbsp butter (I use salted *gasp*) real butter!

Then, piled on the awesome crumb topping (I prefer this to a crust top)

IMG_2606

3/4 cup flour

1/4 cup each, white and brown sugar

1/3 cup (I use salted) butter….. real butter!

I bake this beauty at 350 for about and hour, or until apples are tender and happy!

IMG_2608

No comments:

Post a Comment