Thursday, August 18, 2011

Welcome back, sweet frustration.


So there I was, just like Forest. I was running, and running. When then came along my old dear friend, frustration.
See, here’s the thing. I am part of a select few, who knows and understands, that to lose weight, one must bust their ass to get it done. Really, I have no problem with this. I enjoy being active, and on the days I don’t, I force myself through it. Usually by the end of the workout I’m exhausted, but that definitely beats the guilt and anxiety I’d feel over not ever trying. So naturally, one can understand my frustration with the fact that the damn scale won’t budge. I’m watching what I eat, keeping a close eye on calories, and choosing good foods (without depriving myself). Maybe I’m not eating enough? I suppose that’s possible.
It would just be really awesome if someone could sit  with me and tell me how many calories to eat in a day, and how many calories to burn in a day. I’m even satisfied with a loss of two pounds a week. I know that slow and steady is the way to go.
I don't know. I just want this hard work to be worth it, you know? If I saw it paying off, somehow, it would be so much easier to get on that treadmill night after night!

No comments:

Post a Comment