Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Reading

I've never been a big reader. I read slowly, and sometimes have trouble retaining what I've read on a day to day basis. I do enjoy reading despite these road blocks. If (and this is a BIG if!) I can find a book that can hold my interest, I do find myself trying to make time to read. Usually on my lunch break at work, or after Ava's gone to bed (I also find it easier to read in total silence).
That being said, I am currently reading "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress" by Rhoda Janzen. A memoir a an adult woman who's life recently changed dramatically (divorce, car accident, yadda, yadda) who returns to her quirky Mennonite family's home, "where she is welcomed with open arms and offbeat advice" -from the back cover of the book itself! It's really good so far. I appreciate the author's humor :)
I have a line up planned for when (and IF!!) I ever finish this book! It goes a little something like this:
Running with Scissors and Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs. Both suggested (and borrowed) from my friend Karen. Also, Swamplandia by Karen Russell. My sister (and most avid reader I've ever known) Jessica, suggested this one. So, here's to some relaxing summer reading!!! What books are on your list??
imagesCADTTCUQ  imagesCAZCHO33  imagesCA8KALNV  imagesCAVOH5CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment