Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fresh Spinach anyone?

As our garden grows, so does my sisters.  The addition of Walter to her brood has not slowed her down from having an awesome garden, which I am thankful for! We seem to have developed a small co op between our two families. She brings spinach and romaine, we bring fresh eggs and clothing for the kids. Sometimes we add some cd’s to swap too!

Her visit this weekend brought us some fresh spinach, baby romaine, and some cd’s. I decided to make some pasta for dinner. (Even though I didn’t have any fresh bread to go with it, you know how us Italians are!) First I washed the spinach….

SANY1064        SANY1066

Then added a few ingredients that I had laying around the kitchen (this is turning into a sort of improvisational type of dinner!)

SANY1067

I cooked  some rigatoni. Sautéed the spinach in some olive oil and garlic (two cloves!) tossed them all together, adding some lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then I topped it off with some fresh feta, et voilà!!!

SANY1070 SANY1072

It was yummy, and somewhat farm fresh!

Thanks to Jess, and her garden!

* On a side note, Matt told me that he was glad I introduced him to Feta! Now, if I could just get him to love Goat Cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment