Monday, July 15, 2013

Banana bread. (courtesy of the fruit flies.)

 

We love bananas. Well, Ava and I love bananas. We seem to always have them in the house. This time of the year, however, it is so hard to keep them. It’s so warm, and they literally sit on the counter for a day until they are swamped with fruit flies. I HATE fruit flies. So, as they start to turn brown, and I get sick of the fruit flies, I toss the bananas into the freezer where they sit, until I’m good and ready for them.

That day came. Unfortunately, after I made my go to recipe for banana bread, I realized that it has way more calories than I care to eat lately. So, off to grandpas it went. He has enjoyed it thoroughly.

                 IMG_4605

Banana Bread  ( recipe from BHG cook book 12th edition)

Prep: 25 Min.      Bake: 55 Min.       Oven: 350           Makes: 1 loaf

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

2 beaten eggs

1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 5)

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup cooking oil

Grease loaf pan. Combine dry ingredients. Make well in center, set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, banana and oil. Add to dry mixture. Mix well, batter will be lumpy.Bake @ 350 for 55-60 min. Last 15 min, tent with foil to prevent over browning.

                IMG_4617

No comments:

Post a Comment